Volunteering is a great way to contribute to your community, meet people, and gain new skills and experiences. Guelph CHC volunteers are an important part of our team. Many of our programs depend on the support of volunteers to be successful. We have a wide variety of opportunities throughout the week in all of our program areas, including Healthy Living, Families and Children, Health Services and administration support.
- The agency accepts volunteers 14 years of age and over. Parent consent and signature is required for anyone under the age of 16.
- Volunteers are required to fill out an application, attend an interview, provide two references and complete an orientation package.
- A suitable placement will be determined by both the volunteer and the Volunteer & Student Coordinator.
- Due to the high volume of applications that we received and limited number of volunteer positions, we are not able to place everyone who applies.
- Only get a police check if you are asked to do so. You will be provided a letter with your name on it that waives the fee. Visit the Guelph Police Service website, ‘Questions’ section for information about police checks and which information they provide.
- Due to the complex application process, we ask volunteers to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 4-6 months
Apply here to be a volunteer!
For more information please call our Volunteer & Student Coordinator at 519-821-6638 ext 326
Volunteers log hours: sign in here
Volunteers and Students: Policy and Training