Our Social Workers are available to provide counselling to our clients who need some additional support and the chance to work through challenges with a caring professional. Appointments for regular counselling sessions can be made in advance. We also offer drop-in counselling for immediate issues.
Our Social Workers can:
- Help you get connected to the to the community resources that will be helpful to you
- Encourage and support you as you find your way through a difficult time
- Help you figure out what changes you’d like to make in your life and find the tools to make those changes
What you can expect:
- A safe place to talk where you won’t be judged
- Counselling or therapy focused on you
- Sessions of up to one hour each
- Help setting one or two goals to plan a happier life
- A series of sessions, up to 12. The number will be decided by you and your Social Worker
- 15 minutes grace – If you’re late for your appointment, we’ll wait for 15 minutes. After that time, you can book an appointment for another day
What we expect:
- Be here. Be on time. Be ready to work. Have something to talk about. Be honest
- Be open to change. We understand change can be difficult. That’s why we’re here with you
- Please turn your cell phone to vibrate at the beginning of your appointment
- If you can’t come to an appointment, call us as soon as you know so we can serve someone else during that time
- Tell us if you are working with other agencies so we can all work together
Individual counselling is available for up to 12 sessions, to help you deal with the following issues: past trauma, depression, anxiety, other mental health concerns, relationship issues, grief and low self esteem.
Please speak to your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner if you are interested in counselling and you will be referred. Sometimes there is a wait list for counselling.
We also offer drop-in counselling for immediate issues.
519-821-6638 ext. 1
In order to begin counselling, please make an appointment or speak to your GCHC health care provider.
Drop In Counselling is available Monday to Friday from 3:00PM-5:00 PM for clients who have a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner at the Guelph Community Health Centre. These sessions are first come, first served. Please come to health services reception to register.
Drop-in counseling is available at our downtown location only.
519-821-6638 ext. 1