The Seed is a community food project at Guelph CHC. We are a collaborative initiative of community partners in Guelph & Wellington with the shared vision of strengthening the local emergency food system, using the power of food to build healthy communities and addressing the underlying issues of food insecurity and poverty.
We work with community partners and community members to:
- Increase access to healthy food for everyone in our community.
- Create opportunities for food skills and knowledge to be shared and developed.
- Support community members in raising awareness of and advocating for policies that target the root causes of food insecurity.
Some examples of our programs and services:
- The POD, a new food warehouse that provides increased access to fresh food for low income community member in partnership with community organizations and emergency food pantries.
- Guelph Youth Farm, an urban farm run by and for youth who were previously unemployed and out of school.
- Cooking classes such as “Make Your Own Bring It Home” and the “Youth & Seniors Lunch” program
Read more about The Seed.