Guelph CHC believes that it is important to protect your personal information within the CHC model of care by doing our best to safeguard its confidentiality and security.
We are accountable for information under our control including that which has been transferred to a third party.
We will identify the purpose for which information is collected before we collect it.
We will get your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your information.
We will limit what we collect to what is needed to:
• Provide direct client care.
• Provide clients with counselling services.
• Provide participants with community health and early years services.
• Work as a team to assess your needs.
• Plan, administer and manage our health care services.
• Communicate and refer to specialists and other providers.
• Support fundraising for Guelph CHC.
• Implement quality improvements, evaluations and research with anonymous, summarized client data.
• Submit claim forms for third party adjudication and payment.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
• Conduct chart audits by qualified professionals.
We will get your consent before we use or disclose information for purposes other than that for which it was collected unless required by law. We will not keep your information longer than is required.
We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary. We ask that you tell us when your personal information changes.
We will implement appropriate safeguards that protect against theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or changes to information.
We will make information available about Guelph CHC personal information management policies and practices.
We will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your information and you can access it, with some exceptions, upon request. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it changed as appropriate.
You have the right to challenge our compliance with this policy.
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
Please call our Privacy Officer,
Raechelle Devereaux at 519-821-6638 ext. 353
If you are not satisfied with the response you may contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner 2 Bloor St. E. Toronto, ON, M4W 1A8