Do you live in the Brant, Two Rivers or Grange Hill East Neighbourhoods? Do you have children between the ages of birth to 18? Are you looking for support in your community?
Parent Outreach Workers in these Neighbourhood Groups are available to all parents and caregivers who are living in the select community.
The goal of the Nurturing Neighbourhoods Initiative is to provide one-on-one support to families who may be experiencing challenges at home.
How can a Parent Outreach Worker Support Me:
The Parent Outreach Worker is available to provide support in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with referrals
- Helping to access community programs
- Accompanying to appointments
- Advocacy with other agencies and services
- Assistance with subsidies for recreational programs for families
- Working with families to problem solve and prioritize issues
- Building community connections
- Helping to find strategies and appropriate supports to address issues related to health, housing, food, employment, parenting, child behavior, finances.
Learn more about the Parent Outreach Program here (video)