Research into brain development in young children has shown how important early years are for life long health and well-being. All parents and caregivers go through challenges raising their children on occasion. Talking to a professional or joining a parent education group can really help. EarlyON Child and Family Centre Guelph offers parental support through our Parent Outreach Workers, Parent Educators, and parenting programs including;
Circle of Security
The Circle of Security is a relationship-based program designed to enhance attachment between parents and children. Through research, we know secure children have increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better relationships with parents and peers, are more ready for school and are able to handle emotions more effectively compared with children who are not secure.
EarlyON Guelph is pleased to have specially trained facilitators who offer this program to our clients.
At this program you will explore the question: Why does my child behave this way? Our children’s behaviour is their way of communicating and the program offers different ways to respond and reduce family stress.
Strengthening Families For the Future a free skill-building program for families with children aged 7-11 years. Strengthening Families is a powerful family change program because it involves the whole family, not just the parents and children alone. The goals of the program are to:
- Improve family communication
- Increase positive and effective parenting skills
- Increase children’s resilience and life skills, including enhanced communication, resisting peer pressure, recognizing their feelings and solving problems.
Who Should Attend?
- Families who believe that they can commit to engaging fully in the program.
- Parents who want to build upon their parenting skills.
- Families who want to strengthen their communication and relationships with their children.
Next session information ~ this program is offered in conjunction with:
- Follow Strengthening Families on Facebook for more info!
This program is for parents with children aged 3 months or younger at start of program. A series of workshops that will explore your questions and expectations during the first 6 months of parenting. This program is very informal and provides a comfortable space to ask questions and find new friends. Some of the topics discussed include: growth and development of your new baby, sleep, attachment, nutrition, communication and literacy.